Find Us on Facebook

Firoza Parvin Badhon

Monica Lopera account how she left her life of fame and settled in London

When an actor achieves success on Colombian television, which is used to leverage your time and do whatever project he stands in the way, enjoy the affection of the public and fame. Read also: Monica Lopera, darling of dedicated actress.

However, without any remorse, seven years and a half Monica Lopera, starring in novels like 'The cob', 'On the heels of Eve', 'Flight 1503' and 'An angel named Blue', he packed his bags and He went to study in London, unaware that a race there, find love and form a labraría home.

Monica Lopera left her life of fame and settled in London
Monica Lopera left her life of fame and settled in London

From there he spoke with El País on how it has changed your life, how much he misses Colombia and his new film, 'Before the fire "about 19 days before the takeover of the Palace of Justice.

What was going to leave Colombia to try their luck in another country?
Making the decision to go live in another country and spending in pounds implied change his life, to sacrifice, leaving the comforts of home and still being close to the people I love. I said, "I'm in the prime of my life and if I want to stay have to fight to live, learn the language and culture. And I did. " I worked part time in the fashion industry, while studying acting and made castings. I worked for Prada, Dior, and in a law firm. Fashion seemed to me an interesting topic, and brands that we have in Colombia, learning materials and collections is something exciting, so I chose to work there.
And his friends knew that was famous in Colombia?
It is no novelty, but when I arrived and worked in stores, no one knew I was doing television actress and knew it was gone. At first it was fun because he worked as a saleswoman, with name on the chest and everything in Harrod's, which is the store largest and most luxurious in the world departments, so get a lot of tourists all the time, so when we arrived Colombians and me They hugged and asked me pictures, my colleagues did not understand.
When I told them what happened they said I was crazy, how well he had left all my life to go to sell clothes. So I explained that it was all part of a process that was not letting my life, on the contrary, I did it to be better.
But they recognize on the street?
No. When I'm in a Latin party or when I go to an event and I am a Colombian, has passed, but I go walking in my neighborhood and I recognized, no.
How has it fared with the language?
The biggest challenge has been to act, think and feel in English. I still took much longer acting in English.
In your home we speak Spanglish?
No, Spanish paisa.
Is it a fashion lover?
Yes. I am very easy to get dressed, I'm not that risky, but I know everything and I want it all. I'm still very antojada.
How are you going to Latinos in film and television in London?
It is not as strong as in the US culture. In London there are many Latinos but we did not have so present, consider us Spaniards. So for me has been a very interesting process show that exotic and different is good, it is equal to be local, it's just different but not mean it's bad.
Definitely Sofia Vergara and the players have been very important because thanks to them people have learned to see where Colombia. Not that we look strange, it's just that our country and culture is not close to them.
How is a typical day?
Study all the time, I do online courses, I go to a club where all the actors time seminars, lectures, among others. I exercise, I am housewife, I'm learning to cook, I'll audition, write ... it depends on the time.
What has served to be away?
Here I found freedom to grow, to live, create, travel, decide my way, projects and the person I want to be.
What strange Colombia?
All. My family, my friends, my work ... Also I need the mountain landscape, driving an hour and be in another climate. In Colombia it is normal, but from afar one understands how important it is that possibility of changing climate.
What thing not strange?
The insecurity.
A day to repeat ...
All days have been wonderful. Some because they have been good and some because they have left learning. I will not repeat, think of all the dreams that I need to accomplish.
The jackpot that has given life ...
My mother. Having your wisdom, your support, your guidance and protection has been a gift.
What did your mother when she told you was in London?
Me to stay, not to return me to take advantage of the experience, because it was a unique opportunity in life. It was number one fan to stay.
How is your relationship with her?
We talked all day and every hour. It is a constant open chat, and we salute you and goodbye. Andrew, my husband laughs because it is an endless conversation. She knows all, who knocks on the door, which I did, to where I go, everything. It is a relationship where each respects your space. My mother is alone, so it could be a very attached and dependent, almost sickly thing, but on the contrary, it is a relationship of trust, respect and friendship.
What do you feel when you see it on screen?

 
I am the number one fan. I am proud to see how it has been his progress. It is also very thoughtful, disciplined and I'm very excited to see that is the result of many years of sacrifice and trial.
Who is more diva?
No, I'd say I, but both are very quiet. I could say I'm the mother of the relationship, sometimes.
Not have online dirty side, it is a matter of strategy?
The truth is that I have a very normal life. You will not find scandals because I do not have. When one is sure why choose this profession, you do not care that it all becomes part of a package and for me it was quite clear the north of my career. I tried to get my papers are interesting and not my personal life.
If you could find the small Monica, what would you say?
To stop fucking. Although I was as well accompanied in life by my parents, everything as it was, it was perfect, I have not come back to tell me anything.

Firoza Parvin Badhon

About Firoza Parvin Badhon -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :