Find Us on Facebook

Firoza Parvin Badhon

The women of the Coast are masters of their own style

"The barranquilleras always encabezas my list of the best dressed of Colombia. They are confident women, they are always nice and emperifolladas ". With this sentence, Maria Francisca Rocha Medina, known as Kika Rocha, describes the woman of Barranquilla and colorful and transcendental style that characterizes it. From his apartment in New York City, Kika spoke by telephone with People magazine Caribbean HERALD.
The women of the Coast are masters of their own style
The women of the Coast are masters of their own style

With a leisurely spoken and almost without rolo accent acknowledges that when it comes to talk of fashion in our country, the coast is possessed of all the talent and inspiration to create trend, which appreciates very well this fashionista Bogota.
His 20 years of experience in major catwalks, red carpets, as an editor and critical fashion and beauty have not been enough to satisfy their Kika learning industry that values, breathes and lives with every fiber of his body, today, their work It is independent and from different areas, one of them his blog heels and, looking to reach them Colombian and Latin American women who welcome their recommendations.

Beginnings. Although Kika studied law, and were pleasant everyday issues which led to write on a variety of items and take their first steps in the project Collection Week, with Lila Ochoa. He confesses that this "jump" opened the doors to work in fashion productions and soak up all that world, which ended trapping. "As a lawyer I wanted to write nice and pleasant things of Colombia, not of hard, dense subjects as politics or economy. However, I never thought that my work would be oriented to fashion, I always saw it as a lifestyle, "he says.

That desire to learn led to the Big Apple, where he served as director of fashion and beauty in People magazine in Spanish.
"In those 13 years I was in the magazine, I was able to connect with that whole universe that exists in the city of New York: with designers, major brands and, well, learned a lot and continue to learn every day" he says.

Not attack. As this Colombian fashion critic is respectful, subtle and very professional, work that defends tooth and nail, because in truth, "is not easy to choose the best and worst dressed of Colombia and suggest recommendations without being offended."

"So far they have never called me to tell me: hear, old unclean, do you think ?, what I feel my work is valued and loved by the people," said Kika before laughing out loud.

His tenure as a judge on the reality Colombia's Next Top Models, in 2013 and 2014 allowed Kika undoubtedly win the affection of the Colombian public that have trusted their professionalism. Hispanics who are now enjoying their advice on Telemundo's morning show, A New Day, which presents the Beauty day Kika Rocha section.

"I write all the time on Twitter, my blog and Instagram to ask me for advice, and I am happy, because I like women to feel beautiful, that's what fashion is."

'Tips' with Kika. What I enjoy most about this woman Bogota Caribbean is its versatility and passion with which they can carry the costumes. "All that international influence is reflected in the way women wear fabrics, especially linen. I've always admired that of coastal. "

It also adds that know how to play with colors, prints and accessories are the best keys to be well dressed and among the best.

"The good climate of Barranquilla is that they can go out with a petite sandals, dress or shorts, a white shirt, hair fixed, makeup line, and already, one is presentable."

The coastal designers are another example that highlights Kika and that have served as inspiration for those generations of new artists as well as references in the fashion world.

"La Costa has made great designers such as Silvia Tcherassi, Beatriz Camacho, Alfredo Barraza, Judy HazbĂșn, among others, which serve as inspiration for their designs are poetry."

While many have sheep before sleep, Kika thinks the outfit she will wear tomorrow, a task that does to sleep.

"I enjoy this work and live day by day and although you can not believe, I still have a lot of clothes, because fashion comes and goes."

Kika Rocha admits that is a fan of Caribbean style.
I Tell us about it

About your family ..
"My daughter Victoria is my biggest motor. I enjoy sharing as much time with her and my husband. "

About style ...
"You can get dressed without spending much money, it's about identifying what you know is right."

On the critical ...
"It's a big responsibility to be done with great tact and respect. Do not ridicule ".

Besides working in different media, Kika advises Colombian brands in beauty and style.

On the job ...
"It's very rewarding to do what I love every day, women can reach them with my advice."

On the industry ...
"The beauty of fashion and beauty is that you can rehearse and if you can not find something else is."

Firoza Parvin Badhon

About Firoza Parvin Badhon -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :